23cm x 15cm x 13cm (L/W/H)
· Both shape sorting and colour matching.
· Removable shapes.
· Each shape rattles with an individual sound.
· Hammer is attached for safe keeping.
· Shapes can be hammered straight through, but turn it over and you can start again!
· Give your baby the different shapes to look at and rattle
· Show your baby how to put the shapes in the correct spaces and hammer them in. Show your infant what happens when you try to put the wrong shape in a hole. Explain that it doesn't fit using encouraging language
· Talk about the colours and challenge your baby to show you the shape that matches the colour.
· Don't empty the sorter - but take out one shape at a time and challenge your baby to fit the shape in - using lots of praise.
· Increase the challenge by removing two shapes at a time - building up to completing the task in one go.
· As your baby develops he or she will be able to sort the puzzle out independently using both shape and colour knowledge.
· Always use encouraging and supportive language and praise successful sorting.