- 40 Page science book and kit
- All materials except 1 D-cell battery
26 Activities designed to develop a solid foundation for more advanced topics in electricity and magnetism.
- Build an electromagnet
- Flip the poles of an electromagnet
- Discover how an electric motor works
- Go iron detecting
- Visualise the lines of force
- Craft a compass
- Levitate and bounce ring magnets
Contains high quality ceramic magnets.
Many children play with magnetic toys when they are in pre-school. We have found that though most primary age school children are primed to learn about magnetism, they cannot yet answer the following questions.
Can your child answer these questions?
- Do all metals stick to magnets? (Can you name five pure metals?)
- How many poles does a magnet have?
- Can you separate the north pole from the south pole of a magnet by breaking the magnet in half?
- Can you build an electromagnet?
- Can you flip the poles on an electromagnet?
- Do you know how to make and use your own compass
- If your child cannot answer these questions, it is time for the ScienceWiz™ Magnetism kit. We keep in the fun, but we do not leave out the science.